Hello readers and friends, its been long since I posted.We were on vacation, before leaving on vacation I thought I would share some recipes from India,That is impossible!!! I spent most of the time with my family. I visited them after 2 long years. Apologies for not posting a single recipe at that time. We came back a few days ago.I had to start my usual chores,of course posting too.Finally I edited post of this broccoli pepper fry recipe.
This broccoli pepper fry is a simple broccoli recipe made with just pepper and jeera.Pepper and jeera is added in oil just before broccoli,to get a smoky taste in the fry.You can say this broccoli is prepared in Indian style.Roasted pepper/jeera gives a unique taste to broccoli fry.I do cauliflower pepper fry this same way.So if you don't get broccoli you can make this pepper fry with cauliflower.
Broccoli is a highly nutritious vegetable like other greens.A person should have it at least twice a week.I love broccoli in any form be it soup,the crunchy and saucy broccoli in Chinese stir fries,broccoli poriyal even the broccoli's added to biryani's.I already posted broccoli poriyal, this recipe is even easier than poriyal.
Tip:Make sure not to over boil (not to make it mushy) broccoli....Lets go to the recipe now.
Broccoli Pepper fry | Indian Broccoli recipeHow to make indian style broccoli pepper fry
Cuisine: Indian Category:Drinks Serves:1 Prep time:nil minutes hour Cook time:15 minutesTotal Time:15 mnutes
- 15 heads broccoli
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Jeera/Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper/Milagu
- Separate/Cut broccoli to little heads.
- Wash in water ,may be you can quickly blanch them in hot water to remove any worms, if present.
- Blanching:Boil 2 cups of water and add broccoli heads to the boiling water and leave it for a second or two.Quickly take them out and put in cold water.
- Add oil to tava,temper the oil with pepper and jeera powder. Adjust the spice level as per your taste.
- Add broccoli to tava and saute for a minute.
- Cover with a lid and keep in slow fire for 5 minutes.
- Now open the lid and add some salt and give a quick stir and again keep in slow fire for 5 minutes.
- When the broccoli is little crunchy turn off the fire.Broccoli gets cooked very fast.
- Serve it with Sambhar rice /Dal or simply have them as is ,as a snack.
Recipe revisited:updated pictures on 5/11/2015