My name is Priya, I was born and raised in Tamilnadu. My interest in cooking grew leaps and bounds after my marriage. My husband is a food lover and his opinion matters a lot to me. He encouraged me a lot to start this blog. I have an adorable three year old daughter. She is very caring and keeps herself engaged when I spend time on the blog.
My recipe sources are my mom, grandma and my mother in law. They are great cooks, they taught me how to cook authentic Chettinad cuisine. It is my pleasure to share their knowledge with you all.
What type of food you can find in Mykitchenodyssey:
- Made from scratch foods. I almost don't used processed food barring a few exceptions like cheese in this wheat flour Pizza and cheerios in Cheerios Bhel.
- I grew up eating fresh foods .No refrigerated foods .If there is any food left over I will transform it into something like this Idly upma ,Chapathi noodles.
- Healthy foods are what I want to feed my family .So if you are concerned about your health then you sure want to check oats bars(granola bars) ,Adai(lentils dosa),Kollu rasam(horsegram soup).
- I cook for 3 of us so you can find small portions servings of recipes in "mykitchenodyssey" but some are exceptions like masala sundal or mor kulmabhu which are done for serving in gatherings .
- You can find abundant of authentic chettinad recipes, some of them are pal kolukattai,kavuni arisi,karupatti paniyaram,masala seeyam,Vella paniyaram
- I recently got Nikon D3200 for shooting my food pictures.
- I use natural light for giving a pleased look on the finished pictures.
- I am still learning and hoping to get a better camera very soon.