Ads by google

Monday, November 4, 2013

Maangai pachadi - Raw Mango & Toor dal curry

I am very very Happy that i won my first blog prize in gayathris WTML event and its a sanjeev kapoors cook book.This event has been running for 2 years and last month event was conducted by asiya.Many thanks gayathri and asiya .

Coming to the curry .I love mangoes. It is a tasty and nutritious fruit. When we were kids we used to eagerly await the mango season. We would have mangoes in some form or the other almost everyday during season. My mom used to make sweet mango and sour mango (maangai ) pachadi. I simply love both curries.

 My Hubby is not a fan of sweet pachadi. I tried hot mango curry after a long time  and it it was really delicious. My little one loved it very much.





Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time:20 min
Serves:2-3



Ingredients:

  • 1 meduim size raw mango
  • 2 green chilies.
  • 1 small Onion.
  • 1/4 cup toor dal(pressure cooked).
  • oil for tempering.
  • Salt as required.

To Temper:
  • 1 tsp Mustard seeds.
  • 1 tsp Urad dal.
  • a few curry leaves/Curry leaves powder.

Method:
  • Cook the toor dal in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles (dont make them mushy).
  • Cut Raw mango in to 1 inch pieces.


  • Chop the onions fine.
  • Heat the saute pan with oil .
  • Temper the oil with items to temper.


  • Add onion , green chilies and saute them until onion is translucent
  • Add raw mango and saute them for 5 min (until it changes color).


  • Add 2 cups of water and close the sauce pan with lid .
  • Let it cook for 15 min ,add required salt.
  • Finally add the cooked dal and  let it come to boil.
  • Let it boil for a minute or two and switch the heat off.


  • Maangai Pachadi is ready to be served.

                                         

Note:
  • If you cook the mango in rice cooker it will become mushy and curry wont be great.
  • Do not over cook the toor dal.

Check  for other mixed vegetable curry here

Linking it to              
                       
                                               Gayathris event and sahasra page
                               
                               


20 comments:

  1. Delicious managai pachadi I love it. Congrats on winning the contest, wishing many more win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sathya,Manga pachadi is totally different recipe for us but this one sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm.. Delicious tangy curry.. Loved this curry.. Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv raw mangoes since my childhood, am soo glad you posted one here :) Congrauts on winning the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks arthy.yeah i too loveeee raw mangoes.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on winning the book. I am admiring the pachadi because I love sour dishes. Its definitely to be tried out because pachadi with dhal is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks nava .Yeah i can feel the sourness now

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I am looking for a curry made with mango juice. I believe it is a Gujarati dish - anyone have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks indianchef. Mango juice one? will def try to get some recipes

      Delete
  7. Congrats Sathya for the win.. Tonguetickling pachadi, i want some..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Sathya Priya. Pachadi looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Satya for winning the giveaway..

    ReplyDelete
  10. delicious mango pachadi...happy to follow you...do visit my blog when you are free

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the win..curry sounds tangy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Sathya. Yummy and tangy curry. Thanks for linking to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks jiya,ruxana,sahasra,smitha,asiya

    ReplyDelete

Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...