Gobhi Adraki-A Punjabi cauliflower sabzi made with adrak .'Adrak' in Hindi is ginger,basically its ginger flavored 'gobhi' ,Cauliflower.
Before making this dish, make sure that the cauliflower is absolutely fresh. It should be white and free of any discoloration. The ginger too must be fresh and tender. There should be no fiber in it.
The curd should ideally be a little sour. In case you do not have sour curd, you may add the juice of a lemon to it. Beat it well before using it, in order to remove any lump formation.
The mainstay of this dish is the ajwain. Use this with a free hand. In addition, it is good for the stomach too. Since cauliflower does not suit some people, the ajwain will take care of stomach ailments, if any.
Sprinkle a lot of fresh coriander to this dish. This will offset the white of the curd. In addition, it will impart its own unique flavor to it. Picture shows
Gobhi Adraki | Chapathi Side DishHow to make Gobhi adraki an easy side dish for chapathi
Cuisine: Indian Category:Side dish Serves:2 Cook time:20 minutes Prep time:5 minutes
- Cauliflower – 1 pc
- Ginger – 100 g
- Curd –200 g.
- Potatoes – 2
- Green chillies – 2 to 3
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ajwain – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – to taste
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Oil for cooking
How to Make Gobhi Adraki:
1. Wash the cauliflower. Cut it into florets. Dry it well.
2. In a bowl, take the curd and beat it well. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix it well.
3. Put all the cauliflower and coat it well with this curd mix. Leave it aside for 10 min.
4. In a kadhai, put 2 tbsp of oil and heat it well.
5. Now add coriander powder, ajwain and red chilly powder to it.
6. Add the cauliflower florets to it and slow the flame. Cover the kadhai with a lid and allow it to cook.
7. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Wash them well and add to the cauliflower.
8. Now peel the ginger and cut it into long juliennes. Wash it well and add to the kadhai. You can keep a few for garnishing later on.
9. Keep on stirring the cauliflower from time to time so that it does not burn. Since it contains curd, there is no need to add water.
10. Take a small pan and heat it. Now add the cumin to it and roast it. You would know that it is done once you can smell the aroma of freshly roasted cumin. Now place these in a bowl and crush with a heavy object to make a powder out of it. Keep it aside.
11. Keep on stirring the cauliflower from time to time. Wait till both the cauliflower and the potatoes become tender. Do not bother if curd is still left in the kadhai. It will give a body to the dish.
12. Once done, sprinkle some garam masala powder and freshly ground cumin powder on it.
13. Gobhi adraki is ready to serve.Serve it hot, garnished with chopped fresh coriander leaves and some juliennes of ginger. Tastes best with hot tandoori roti or Nan.
- You can soak adraki in vinegar.If you do this no need to add yogurt/curd.
- You can also add aloo while making this gobhi adraki.
This is a sponsored post