Chocolate pie -i actually came across this pie when i failed to make homemade chocolates.When i searched for chocolate recipes ,i found this heavenly chocolate pie recipe. This caught my attention ,because its very easy and very appealing. As usual i substituted with ingredients at hand and made a wonderful dessert.
Pie is a baked Dish made of a pastry dough casing that covers or completely contains a filling of various sweet and savoury ingredients.This pie don't have a pastry, instead uses crackers as the base and indian cheese,chocolate and tofu puree as the filling.
*****This is not vegan or vegeterain pie it has eggs and indian cheese.
This chocolate pie is mild sweet without any cream topping.When you eat it after a meal ,its just all you want.If you feel its less sweet you can melt some chocolate and top it.I did this later to please my daughter.
For substitution :
Chocolate pie made with tofu,yogurt,chocolate and Marie biscuits
- I used Marie biscuit for base ,you can use graham crackers or orea instead.
- I used yogurt .you can use cream cheese in the original recipe as well .
- Use silken tofu.I used firm tofu so the pie has little texture problems.
Cuisine: International Category: Dessert Yields:8 X 8 pie Prep time:15 minutes Cook time:30 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
- 25 Marie biscuits/graham crackers
- 5 tbsp butter(melted).
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup yogurt/cheese
- 8 oz tofu/silken tofu
- 3/4 cup homemade chocolate/melted chocolate chips.
Assembly and Baking:
- Crush marie biscuits fine.add melted butter,vanilla essence to it.
- Mix all of them well.
- I mixed them using blender and worked out with my hands to make a crust.
- Add egg,yogurt,tofu,melted chocolate and puree them until smooth ,using blender.
- Grease 8 inch tray and press the base mixture to it hard .
- Pour in the filling carefully.
- Preheat the oven to 350degrees for 10 minutes.
- Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Cool it completely .
- Store in refrigerator until serving.
Do you like my recipe ..Then do
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...