Tandoori paneer tikka is very different than regular tikka, its juicy to the core.Because of non-availability of tandoori oven, i made them in regular oven.I used store bought paneer, they have a strong texture compared to homemade paneer.I didn't bother about the texture because i made tikka masala after making these tikka.
Like paneer ? check some more like
Malai kofta(rich kofta gravy),kathi rolls on the go(stuffed with veggies),Labongo latika(a very rich Bengali sweet),Paneer butter masala,Strawberry cheesecake(easy no bake dessert).
How To make paneer Tikka | Indian StarterHow to make paneer tikka an Indian starter
Cuisine: Indian Category:Appetiser | Starter Serves:3-4 Prep time:1- 2 hours 15 minutes Total time:2 hours 40 minutes
- 175 grams paneer.
- 1 bell pepper.
- 1 onions(preferably purple).
- 1/2 tsp chili powder(use kashmiri red chili for more vibrant colour,but remember it is less spicy than regular chili powder).
- 4 tbsp yogurt(around 60 grams).
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 tsp garam masala.
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi.
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- salt required.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- oil for brushing.
- Cube the paneer,onion and bell pepper(try to bring them same size).
(just cut onion in quarters and cut in half,separate each layer)
- In a wide bowl mix chili powder,ginger garlic paste,garam masala,turmeric powder,lemon juice with yogurt.
- Mix them all well .Add cubed paneer,bell pepper,onions to the masala.
- Combine well so the masala coats well.
- Marinate them for a an hour or two.
- Keep the skewers ready(You can keep the skewers in water for sometime, your paneer goes easily in to skewers).
- Put paneer two onions,bell pepper alternatively.
- Keep an oven safe pan.Put the aluminium foil down on the pan/plate.
( Pic i didn't show placing aluminium foil,later i added because all the marination was tripping and getting burnt)
- Keep the skewers on the pan(if it touches the edges then it is perfect) and grill tikka until sides are brown( it take 20-25 minutes on 300 degrees to get the sides brown)
- Paneer tikka is ready.Serve it with green chutney
- This is faster than oven grilling.
- Keep an wide pan.Apply oil to bottom.
- Keep the skewers.Fry until the side brown.
- Then turn to the other side.Fry until brown.Keep turning until all sides are brown.
- Keep the tikka in small skewers.So kids can eat it as finger foods.
- Try to cut onion,bell pepper and paneer same size.So it all roasted at the same time.
- You can add more chili powder if you want more spice,mine was very mild.(I made tikka masala which i later added more chili powder)
- Use more yogurt or slightly roasted gram flour to make the marinade more thick(in authentic tikka masala,gram flour gets added).
- For more crispier edges brush the edges with oil or ghee while roasting.
- If you are not concerned about time .Roast paneer tikka in low temperature(oven) for more time.
More to come...
Stay updated by joining the email list
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
Sending these beauties to remya event