Almond cookie- Easy cookie recipe which is light sugary ,nutty,cardamom flavoured with no baking powder/ baking soda or no egg.You can pack and gift your friends and loved ones this cookie ,they get surprised if you say them i baked these almond cookies.If you want to bake a cookie from scratch without any ready made ingredients then this cookie is just for you.See the below points for any substitue .
- Can use almond flour instead of whole almonds.
- Can substitute whole wheat flour with all purpose flour.
- Can substitute butter with oil if you want a lesser saturated fat(but don't substitute with coconut oil ,this has larger saturated fats than butter).
- Can replace almond with other nuts like walnuts too.
Looking for easy cookies? try
actual recipe is from here (altered).
Almond Cookies|Easy Cookie RecipeEasy almond cookies without eggs,baking powder
Cuisine: International Category: Dessert Yields:22 small cookies Prep time:20 minutes Cook time:10-15 minutes Total time: 30-35 minutes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup badam/almond(roasted and powdered)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/almond essence.
- 1 cardamom(powdered)
- 1/4 cup confectionery sugar/powdered sugar.
- Roast the almonds in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.Just keep an eye on it not to burn them.
- Cool the almonds and grind it.Just make them to small pieces not fine powder.
- Keep butter at room temperature for 1 -2 hours(if you don't have beater/hand mixer then butter has to be really creamy before you start).
- If you don't have powdered sugar then powder it using mixer along with cardamom.
- In a wide bowl place butter and beat it until creamy.If you don't have hand mixer use spoon to cream the butter.
- Add powdered sugar and beat it until creamy.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Add powdered badam and flour and mix it well to form a dough.With this much butter the dough was little sticky.
- Keep it in fridge if the temperature of your place is too high otherwise at room temperature for 10 -15 minutes.
- Make 22 equal sized balls and press it with fork .Keep them little separated (because they will raise when baked).
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Flatten the dough with fork or just hands.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees or until the sides are little brown.
- Almond cookies are ready to eat.
- Cool it down and store in an airtight container.
Do you like my recipe ..Then do
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...