Combining sweetpotato with potato will reduce the sweetness and adding spice powder(chili powder) can satisfy your palates if you are a spice lover, yet couldn't take idly/dosa with sambhar/chutneys at morning time.You can prepare this and store it in refrigerator for 4-5 days. when the next time you are hungry take one and heat it and there you go .So ready shall we start ?
Little suggestion .If you are serving for your kids you may want to avoid chilipowder and green chili .Just add little pepper so it gets easily digested .This has less calaories than breadcrumbs filled paties so indulge in goodness .
Preparation time:20 min including boiling
Cooking time:10 min
- 1 sweet potato(boiled and mashed)
- 1 potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder.
- Pinch of turmeric.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper crushed
- few corinader leaves/Cilantro
- 1 onion
- 1 green chili
- Oil for patties(around 1 tbsp)
- Salt as required.
- Boil potato and sweet potato well and mash them fine .
- Add finely chopped onion and few finely chopped cilantro leaves .
- Add chili powder ,salt ,pepper as well.
- Combine all of them well together .
- Make them in to 5-6 small balls.
- Make patties and fill them in preheated oiled tava.
- When one side browns flip them down (take max 4 minutes for one side to brown on medium flame)
- Other side should brown as well.
- Serve it with ketchup or fill it in between fresh baked bread and eat it .
- If you are serving this to kids make sure you reduce the spice level.Instead of adding chili powder,pepper,green chilies just add pepper powder.
- You can do it only with sweet potatoes but add more spice to balance the sweetness.
- You can very well add other veggies too (make sure they are well streamed/boiled and mashed).
Sending these recipe to family foodie event :healthy snack happening at Eatyourveg and bangermash