.How to make pulkas ?how to make parathas ?I know many of you might know how to make one while some of you may not know this.This post is about how i make them .
When i studied college i know only about chapathis my mom makes,While searching for job i got to know it from my aunt .My aunt is expert in north indian cooking .She cooks wonderful phulkas,pavbhaji and methi parathas .I gave tips to many others after i learnt from her ,That is another story .To make phulkas is very easy and involves very little trick and will be good while serving hot with dry curries or dals.
Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time:15-20 min
- 2 cups wheat flour.
- salt as required.
- 1 1/4 cup water ( change according to flour to flour)
- Add wheat flour with water and salt.
- Knead them well to form a thick dough.
- Divide them in to lemon size balls.
- Dust them with wheat flour and roll them in rolling pin until they are thin and even.
- Heat the plain griddle until piping hot.
- Put the chapathis and wait until bubble forms.
- Turn the other side and cook them until more bubble comes.
- Now make the flame very high and transfer the griddle to other stove.
- Put the chapathis in flame directly .
- You can see it raise.
- Turn them /Flip them and cook it for a second.
- Serve them hot with curry of your choice.
Cooking time:10-15 min
Yields:6-7 (for same amount of wheat flour mentioned in pulkhas)
- Prepare the dough the same way as mentioned in pulkha preparation.
- Divide the dough in to 6 balls.
- Add a drop of oil to it.
- Roll them even using rolling pin.
- Make a triangle shape by folding them in half and again fold them in quater.
- Now add little more oil on both sides .
- Roll them until its even(its ok if its little thick).
- Heat the griddle.
- When its piping hot put the parathas in the griddle.
- Wait until the bubble forms.
- Flip them and wait for some more bubbles.
- When you turn them the third time add oil to both the sides.
- Cook until you see dark spots on both sides.
- Serve it with Curry of your choice.
If you are searching for some curries check