Ads by google

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pav bhaji/bread bhaji

I ate Pav bhaji at my uncle's house once and since then its been my favorite.is my very favorite. I was not sure how to make it that time. After marriage once I wanted to make pav bhaji as I had a lot of vegetables in my pantry. That time it turned out perfect, believe me it was very good .We can have it as much we like when we make home.
I use whole wheat bread instead of pav which we used to buy. Whatever bread available is good for toasting. If you have pav( a sweet dinner rolls) that would be the ideal situation.you can substitute chili powder with pav bhaji masala if you have some.


Preparation time:20 min(cutting and streaming the veggies)
Cooking  time:15 min
Serves:2-3


Ingredients:
  • 2 potatoes( boiled).
  • 1 1/2 carrot(Boiled).
  • 15 heads of cauliflower(boiled).
  • 1/4 cup peas(boiled).
  • 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
  • 2 medium tomatoes.
  • 1 tsp chili powder.
  • 1 onion .
  • A pinch of  Turmeric.
  • 1/2 tsp garam masala.
  • 1 tsp lemon juice.
  • 1 1/2 tsp oil.
  • salt as required.
To temper:
  •  few jeera/cumin seeds
To garnish:
  • lemon
  • coriander leaves.
  • onion.
Toast:
  • 10 whole wheat bread.
  • butter for toasting.
Method:
  • Chop and steam the veggies for 15 min or until they are mushy.
  • If you use pressure cooker to cook, strain the excess water and mash them well.
  • Chop coriander leaves,onion,tomatoes and prepare ginger garlic paste as well.
  • Heat the saute pan with oil and temper it with fennel seeds.
  • Add ginger garlic paste and saute it for a minute .
  • Add chopped onion and saute it until translucent.
  • Add chopped tomatoes and cook them until mushy.
  • Add  chili powder(pav bhaji masala powder),turmeric and saute it until it blends.
  • Add mashed cooked veggies and saute them for 4-5 minutes.If you need any water use the pressure cooked water if you have.
  • Add garam masala and lime juice and make the flame very low .

  • Toast the bread(pav buns) with butter and serve it with hot veg masala(bhajis).
  • You can garnish with chopped coriander,onions and lemon wedges.
  • You can add this bhajis to ur dosa,stuffing for bread as well.


Note:
  • Add veggies of your choice that blends together ,but don't miss potatoes (that is the base).
  • You can add 1/2 tsp chili powder and 2 green chilies ( i missed green chilies and i used more chili powder)

Sending these recipe to family foodie event :healthy snack happening at Eatyourveg and bangermash











15 comments:

  1. Instead of regular powder masala add pav bhaji masala, easily available in Indian store, that gives nice color and flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks linsy .I dont make this often, so used regualr masala instead.

      Delete
  2. One of my Family favourite dish. You made it Perfect. Send me some.... Sathya Priya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well prepared dear. This is my daughter's fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pav bhaji is my favorite wish I got some now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last week only I prepared pav bhaji...this is son's favorite...he said he can eat this like a burger...
    Looks yummy satya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempting esp with the two fav of mine; potatoes and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious pav bhaji, my hubby makes best pav bhaji, your version looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you are very lucky swathi ...Thanks for ur compliments

      Delete
  8. all time fav... healthy with loads of veggies in it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely pav bhaji :)

    ReplyDelete

Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...