Ads by google

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Egg Pepper Roast Recipe | Chettinad Muttai Varuval | Easy Lunch Ideas

    Egg pepper roast: One of the easiest side you will every make.Can a vegetarian eat eggs? Yeah !! according to me they can. Because I am one of them .hehe, I am an eggetarian.So I try including it once in a week in the form of  Kulambhu , curry ,Omelette,Bonda  or just boiled. There are so many nutrients present including the daily intake of protein and cholesterol.
egg pepper roast recipe1
     This is the way mommy make pepper roast with eggs when there is a guest at the house. Among the other delicious varieties present, I get to eat only muttai varuval and rasam.Poor me how I felt bad or how I felt angry that time.It's not because I can't eat non-veg items.It's because there is no special dish for me. Gone are the days , Now if I want something I need to make it myself.
egg pepper roast recipe2

     I hate the smell of omelette .So I prefer hiding it in sambar rice or kulambu rice.  This recipe is smell free I can assure you. The pepper and jeera added will take away the smell and makes the digestion easy.On a lazy day when you prefer not to cook anything just make rasam and muttai varuval.You get the much-needed nutrition and your tummy will be full. If you like spicier, add more pepper jeera powder. When feeding to small kids avoid more oil and pepper jeera powder.

Step by step picture recipe for making Chettinad muttai varuval:
  • Boil egg in a pressure cooker with enough water for a whistle.Peel the skin off after it cools down.Give a slit in the front and back.
  • Heat a small pan.Add oil to it when it's hot.
  • Add pepper ,je powder to it.

egg pepper roast recipe3

  • When it bubbles add curry leaves to it.Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
  • Switch off the flame.Add eggs and give a toss.
egg pepper roast recipe4

  • The Delicious and quick side are ready to be enjoyed.
 

                                                       Egg pepper roast recipe

egg pepper roast recipe                       a simple south Indian side dish for rice

 Cuisine: Indian   Category:Lunch side   Prep time:20 minutes
Cook time:5 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Serves:2-3



Ingredients:
  • 3 boiled eggs.
  • 1/4 tsp pepper jeera powder.
  • pinch of turmeric
  • required salt
  • few curry leaves.
  • 1 tsp oil.
Method:
  • Boil egg in a pressure cooker with enough water for a whistle.
  • Peel the skin off after it cools down.
  • Give a slit in the front and back.
  • Heat a small pan.Add oil to it when it's hot.
  • Add pepper ,jeera powder to it.
  • When it bubbles add curry leaves to it.
  • Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
  • Switch off the flame.Add eggs and give a toss.
  • Egg pepper roast ready to be enjoyed.




5 comments:

  1. Lovely way of having your eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also add masala garlic n ginger ot tastes good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a interesting idea. Have to try sometime.Thanks for sharing the recipe.

      Delete

Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...