Ads by google

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pizza Sauce Tomato Pasta(Step By Step Pics)

       Pizza sauce Tomato pasta hmm.. you might have guessed it, Its a Tomato pasta made out of leftover pizza sauce. I made pizza sauce at home from fresh tomatoes for a wholewheat pizza. As usual I had leftover  Pizza Sauce. Usually I  wait till I make Pizza again, to use left over sauce.

      Till now I have made Pasta with white sauce. To try something different , I thought of using the left over pizza sauce with pasta. (My daughter loves pasta).

      It turned out so delicious . Its very simple , play with sauce and cheese. I have mentioned the amounts that I used.

Pizza sauce pasta


Cooking time:15 min
Yields:3 cup pasta



Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups Wholewheat Pasta.
  • Salt required.
  • 3/4 cup pizza sauce.
  • 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese.
  • 1 tsp dried Oregano/Basil.
Method:
  • Heat enough water for boiling the pasta .Water should be boiling. Add liberal amount of salt (I used 1 pound pasta and it required 1 tbsp salt) .
Add pasta to boiling water

  • Add Pasta to it and cook it for 10-12 minutes until "aldente".
Cook it until aldente

  • Drain excess water from pasta and blanch it with cold water immediately to stop the cooking process further.
  • Blanching prevents the pasta from turning mushy.
  • Microwave the pizza sauce for 1 minute (If you are using left overs)
  • Add the tomato sauce to a tava/pan . When it comes to a boil add  dried oregano/basil leaves and olive oil (if necessary).
Add Pizza sauce,oregano,oil to pan

  • Now add the cooked pasta to it .
Add cooked pasta to it
  • Toss it gently and add grated cheese .
  • Quick pasta ready in minutes .

Tomato Pasta Ready



Support me by joining MyKitchenodyssey @   "face book,pinterest,networkedblogs,my taste.in,Google"


Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...


Linking this recipe to Fullscoops giveaway

10 comments:

Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...