Ads by google

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Beetroot chutney

Beetroot is a wonderful vegetable which increases blood flow and it contains beta carotine. That said its really difficult to get my daughter to eat beetroot. I have to come up with creative ways to include beets in different recipes. My mom used to make beetroot chutney and I remember that we used to like it. I made this chutney and to my amazement my daughter asked for a second helping.
I am pretty sure that your kids would love this too.




Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time:10 min
Serves:2-3



Ingredients:

  • 1 medium size beetroot
  • 1 large Onion.
  • 3 red chilies.
  • 1-2 tbsp grated coconut.
  • oil for tempering
  • salt as required

To Temper:

  • 1/2  tsp Mustard seeds.
  • 1/2  tsp Urad dal.

Method:

  • Remove the beetroot skin by peeling it  and grate the peeled beetroot fine .
  • Cut the onion in to 1 inch pieces.
  • Heat the sauce pan and add oil to it.
  • Temper the oil with items" to temper".
  • Add onion and chilies and saute until onions are traslucent.
  • Add beetroot and saute them for 5 min till the raw smell dissipates.
  • Finally add coconut and saute for a minute.
  • Cool the mixture and grind it with required salt.


  • Beetroot chutney is ready to be served.
  • Serve it with Idly , Dosa, Chappathi.
  • You use this as a spread for Sandwiches .


You might be intrested in Beetroot kola,Varamilagai chutney


 
 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...