Ads by google

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Basundi | Guest Post

       Basundi an Indian milk based Dessert, popular in Maharashtra,Gujarat and Karnataka.Basundi is a sweetened thick milk with nuts so we can call it as milk pudding too.Basically an easy and wonderful dessert to enjoy on any occasion or festive.                              
basundi
       This is a guest post..Yeah !!! we made it once again.One of my favorite,always smiling,very friendly and very active blogger .Mother of 3 kids and group head of cooking secret challenge and inspiration for many bloggers.She explains her recipes sound so simple yet give every detail  the recipe needs.I tried many of her recipes and loved all of it.I love the innovative she brings to the blog.Readers/friends don't forget to check her blog for many bread and lovely one pot meals.
        While ago i posted no knead bread and long back i posted Channa rice both recipes are from her blog, Now let me introduce our guest for today priya suresh sis of priyasversatile recipes.
basundi 1

Now Lets hear from our guest priya akka :

Am Priya Suresh who blogs at Priya's Versatile Recipes and i live in Paris,France. Blogging means a lot to me and i have been blogging since 2008. My space have variety of foods and numerous bakes, seriously i never thought of blogging till today as i started this space initially to share my foods i cook daily in my small kitchen. Slowly blogging became a part of my life and still keeping myself busy in blogging.
Actually i entered into this virtual world after hearing numerous encouraging words from few of my friends whenever i post my recipes in a famous food related site, also the admin of the site insisted me to open a blog to put my recipes under a roof. Then one fine day i entered to this virtual world, this is how i  started this blog baby.Honestly i have to say a big thanks to each and everyone for their support and encouraging words since ever i started blogging.What else does a food blogger need..
After I started blogging,i learned to bake cakes and baked goodies without eggs and as vegan,obviously i do share many eggless and vegan bakes.Now i can bake variety of bakes as vegan or eggless and stopped running behind the dairy products or eggs if i don't have at home.
Blogging will teach us many more interesting recipes,since am curious in learning needless to say blogging  teached me a lot. Somehow this keeps me blogging and helps me to stay in this virtual world since a long time.

                                                  Basundi | Guest Post

basundi3                         How to make basundi Indian dessert

                          Cuisine: Indian  Category: Dessert  




Ingredients:
  • 1 litre or 4 cups Milk (preferably whole milk).
  • 1/2 cup Sugar .
  • 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder.
  • 5 chopped Almond (Badam).
  • 1 tbsp chopped pista.
  • 10 strands Saffron (kesar).
How to cook basundi:




  • Boil the milk in a heavy bottom kadai.
  • Add the saffron strands in a tablespoon of warm milk. Keep them aside for few minutes.
  • Keep stirring the milk constantly and reduce it till it becomes thick,almost half of the initial quantity.
  • Add the sugar, saffron and chopped nuts and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. Remove from the fire.
  • Transfer to a serving bowl and add the cardamom powder, give a stir.
  • Basundi is ready.
  • Serve basundi cold ,garnished with nuts.

  • basundi2


    Does this milk pudding sound delicious?Why not try it at your home for the upcoming festival.I need to thank our guest for the lovely post and very gorgeous picture.Thanks very much for this very sweet post sis.

    If you are looking for easy milk based sweets then check sabudana kheer,black rice kheer,black rice pudding


    More to come...
    Stay updated by joining the email list
    You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @   "face book,pinterest,networkedblogs,my taste.in,Google"
    Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...


    Linking this to soooriya's event

    10 comments:

    1. Thanks a lot for ur sweet words sis.. My pleasure and i feel happy to see my guest post in ur space.. Thanks once again..Keep going sis.

      ReplyDelete
    2. such a lovely guest post from Priyaakka... I am drooling at the basundi... the pot also looks super cute...

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a tempting presentation! Tasty Basundi Priya it is true Blogging do teach lot of courage to try lot of new recipes

      ReplyDelete
    4. Yummy Basundi by our lovely baking queen.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wonderful post:) Basundi is one of my fav dessert. This Basundi has been very nicely prepared and presented by Priya Suresh:)

      ReplyDelete
    6. basundi looks yumm ..lovely guest post ...

      ReplyDelete
    7. A beautiful and delicious milk sweet .... :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. looks sooo sooo delicious...very nice presentation....

      ReplyDelete

    Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
    You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
    Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
    .

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...