My family loves Italian cuisine. The first time I tried Italian cuisine was in Bangalore at a restaurant called Spaghetti kitchen. I was not impressed at that time. After we moved to the US we tried Italian food at few places. I was impressed and I have become a big fan of Italian cuisine. Olive Garden is my favorite Italian restaurant.
Bruschetta is an Italian Antipasto ( Appetizer). Usually it consists of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with salt and pepper. You can also top it with Vegetables, Cheese, Sliced Deli Meats and more.
My daughter is very fond of Rusk ( An Indian dry Bread usually consumed as a snack). I made Bruschetta with rusk this evening as a snack for my daughter.
Cooking time:10 min
- 4 Milk Rusk pieces. I used Britannia Rusk brought from an Indian grocery store.
- 1 Small Tomato.
- 1 Medium size Onion.
- 2 Cheese Slices.
- 1 Garlic for aroma.
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil .
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh ground black pepper.
- Mint leaves.
- Peel the garlic and mince it fine.
- Mix the garlic and pepper to Olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil over rusk coating all sides evenly.
- Cut Onions and tomatoes in to thin slices.
- Grill them in a saute pan until they change color.
- Place one slice of onion and one slice of tomato on a Rusk.
- Cut the Cheese into four pieces.
- Place the cheese on top the rusk.
- Cook them in a preheated oven for 2 minutes, till the cheese melts.
- Garnish it with mint leaves.
- Rusk Bruschetta is ready to be served.
- It was a big hit with my daughter and husband.
- Add cooked and slices veggies if you like .
You might be intrested in Rotini pasta