Ads by google

Thursday, September 19, 2013

FenugreekLeaves Sambar( வெந்தய கீரை சாம்பார்)

I like to include to greens in our diet a lot. Fenugreeak ( Methi ) leaves are one of my favorites. I usually make Methi dal. Today Instead of making the regular, I made Methi Sambar. I know, it's along the same lines. But the finished product tasted very unique and it was really yummy.





Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup Fenugreek leaves.
  • 1 medium size Onion.
  • 1/2 large Tomato.
  • A pinch of Turmeric.
  • 1/2  cup Toor dal.
  • A pinch of Asafoetida.
  • 2 tsp Sambar powder.
  • 1/4 tsp Tamarind paste.
  • Salt as required.
To Temper:
  • 1/2 tbsp oil.
  • 1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds.
  • 1/2 tbsp Urad dal.
Method:

  • Cook the Dal till it turns soft , I usually cook Dal in a pressure cooker.
  • Cut the onion and tomato into small pieces.
  • In a sauce pan heat the oil and temper it with mustard seeds and urad dal.

  • Saute the onions until translucent.

  • Add tomatoes and cook it till they turn soft.

  • Add fenugreek Leaves and saute for a minute .

  • Add Sambar powder and saute till the raw smell dissipates.
  • Add the cooked dal ,required salt and tamarind .

  • Simmer and cook  until the Sambar boils.
  • When the Sambar boils garnish with Fenugreek leaves.
  • Fenugreek sambar is ready to be served.










2 comments:

Always love your word of appreciation.Mail to me or drop a comment here.Thanks for visiting my blog and Stay updated by joining the email list
You can also join MyKitchenodyssey @ "face book,pinterest,networked blogs,my taste.in,Google"
Don't forget to tell your friends by sharing ...
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...